Automated predictive assembly
PERFORM A PREDICTIVE ASSEMBLY BY DIGITAL TWIN: AMRIKART AUTOMATED IT
Too many assembly processes still involve trial-and-error fitting and adjustment steps. These steps take too much time, are uncotrolled and provide random quality. Amrikart has an automated solution to ensure the quality of assemblies while controlling their process times: predictive assembly by digital twin.
Our automated solution is adaptable to any type of assembly and production area, and has the following structure:
Predictive assembly by digital twin :
- Measurements of assembly interfaces of all components, as well as measurement of critical engineering features
- Automated realization of a virtual assembly → creation of the digital twin and fit
- Optimization and validation of the assembly with the digital twin: prediction and optimization of the best fit of components, verification of collisions, contact points and engineering requirements. Automated positioning algorithms that take into account all engineering requirement
- Automated determination of adjustments to perform (shims, settings) to ensure compliance with engineering requirements before final assembly
- Driving and validation of reworks, if necessary
- Fit of the actual assembly, driven by 3D metrology if necessary
SET AN ASSEMBLY BEFORE ITS FIT: THE BENEFITS OF THE DIGITAL TWINS
Amrikart automation experts defin your needs to create the right digital twin. The instruments and sensors required for taking measurements of the junctions interfaces are evaluated and proposed in a turn-key solution. Our programming platform allows the full automated integration with sequencing of measurement, analyzes and recommendations for adjustments. The final alignment operation, driven or not by 3D metrology, is also taken in charge.
Any complex assembly process, especially large structures, can benefit from this solution. The following list is not exhaustive:
- Alignment of sub-assemblies on final assembly lines: planes, trains, boats, satellites, submarines, automobiles, coaches and buses, etc.
- Alignment of structures
- Alignment of machinery
The advantages of predictive assembly are numerous :
- Control sub-assemblies upstream → gain in quality, control of suppliers
- Drive assembly operation to ensure best compliance at first time → save time, increase quality
- Automate all these operations → save time, quality, and control the manufacturing process
- Automate assemblies with a digital twin → reduce production costs, increase production rates, and perfect our customer reputation
RETURN ON INVESTMENT OF AUTOMATION PROJECTS WITH DIGITAL TWINS ARE GENERALLY 6 TO 12 MONTHS